Hagel Lawfirm
Menu Contact

Contact Today For Experienced Representation

Local 647-931-4244
Toll Free 1-800-615-6495

Posts tagged "Guardianships & Conservatorships"

What if my incapacitated loved one hasn't assigned powers of attorney?

Understandably, people tend to avoid talking about the possibility of not being able to make their own decisions. When a plan for mental incapacity isn't in place, though, you run the risk of leaving to chance the control of your health and your property.

Guardian of property responsibilities in Ontario

An individual who becomes a guardian of property on behalf of a person who is deemed to be incapable may have questions about responsibilities. An individual who is unable to handle daily tasks such as paying bills, buying food and making other financial transactions may need a guardian to manage these issues on his or her behalf. A guardian assists in protecting the interests of the person whose property is being managed, but the guardian also protects the interests of those on the other ends of those financial transactions by ensuring that obligations are met.