Business Succession Lawyer
Planning your estate for your personal property is of vital importance. Planning what will happen to your business can be even more important, if only because there is often more money involved.
If you are a proud owner of a business that you have built, you have no doubt worked hard for it. Failing to make plans for it after you are no longer there to manage it means risking everything you have worked for and leaving the fate of your business to chance.
At Hagel Lawfirm, we have the qualifications to protect your investment. Our lawyer is a Certified Financial Planner, who can work with your financial planner and your accountant to assess the financial position of your business and help decide how best to protect it in the future.
Protecting Your Life’s Work
Our business succession lawyer helps clients in Mississauga, Etobicoke and surrounding areas with creating plans to ensure smooth business succession and avoid confusion, conflict, unnecessary taxation and possible litigation. We use many methods, including:
- Family trusts
- Estate freezes, to lock the current value of property to one person while attributing its future growth to another
- Assessment of the needs of all stakeholders, including shareholders, family members, employees and clients
- Evaluation of possible successors to your business
- Assistance of business consultants, when needed
- Clear communication with all parties to make future plans transparent
- Discussion of how to ensure that your children’s inheritance is protected from claims under the Family Law Act
- Use of financial products as part of estate planning technique
In addition to our estate work, and in conjunction with it, we are fully qualified to help you keep your corporate books and filings in order.
If you live in Mississauga, Oakville, Etobicoke, Port Credit or surrounding areas of the GTA, and would like more information about Ontario law regarding succession planning, call us at 647-931-4244 or send us an email.